Meet the ZEISS VR ONE: a virtual reality headset for smartphones between 4.7″ and 5.2″. That means you can use this device with your iPhone and many other Android smartphones on the market. Its internal lenses and your phone’s camera combine to bring you augmented reality and virtual reality. The device only costs under $100, making it one of the most affordable virtual reality headsets around.
Here is what you get:
- ZEISS precision lenses
- supports phones between 4.7 and 5.2 inches
- see-through front shield for augmented reality apps
- works with your eyeglasses
- 100° field of view
- access to the smartphone audio and charging connectors
- ventilation openings to ease airflow and avoid fogging of lenses
- internal tracking by smartphone sensors
- support 3D pictures & videos
- open Source SDK for Unity 3D
- 2 Apps (VR ONE Media, VR ONE AR)
We would love to see more apps made available for this headset. But it sounds like a good deal for $99.